For the young and young at heart, there's an abundance of things to do in Maine with kids! We’ve put together a list of family-friendly faves for your trip planning. Discover the Kennebunks through their eyes for once.
- Mother’s Beach & Gooch’s Beach: These beaches are great for the whole family! Both have tide pools for exploration and there is a full playground adjacent to Mother’s Beach. Portable toilets available and lifeguard on duty June 15th – September 15th. Parking permits needed, or pay to park daily.
- Wells Reserve at Laudholm: Seven miles of easy to moderate trails loop through pristine woods and salt marsh. Trails are available year round for hiking, snowshoeing, and cross-country skiing.
- Coastal Maine Kayak & Bike - Guided Tours/Rentals: Rent a kayak, paddleboard, or bikes to explore by sea or on wheels! Grab towels, chairs, and a beach pass from the Front Desk!
- Daytrip Jr.: Shop for toys, books, clothes – you name it! Adorable collection of must-haves for the kids. Dock Square
- Kennebunk Toy Company: In case you’re in need of something new for the kiddos while you’re here!
Things to Do
- First Chance Whale Watch & Second Chance Lobster Cruises: Catch a glimpse of these wondrous creatures living off the coast of Maine, or learn all about “lobstering” with our captains! 207-967-5507
- A. Smith Photography: Create lasting memories with professional shots of you on the beach or at a favorite spot!
- Coast Encounters: Explore our rocky coast with a tide pool excursion – fun for the whole family! Your guide, Carol, comes to you!
Stuff You Might Need but Don’t Want to Bring
- Vacationing Baby: High-quality rental equipment for the traveling family.
Enjoy the vacation of a lifetime with all of our favorite things to do in Maine with kids.