Hotel near Goose Rocks Beach, Maine
Notably one of the prettiest beaches in Maine, spend a day by the water during your stay at our boutique hotel near Goose Rocks Beach, Maine. Located just past Kennebunkport, Goose Rocks Beach offers 3 miles of powdery sand dotted with sand dollars and shells to collect. Relax on a beach chair with a stunning view of Eastern Rocks & Timber Island and discover one of Maine’s most scenic beaches. Rinse away the salt and sand at the Port Inn Kennebunk, offering upscale lodgings with a local touch.
Looking for more beaches and attractions by Cape Porpoise? See our guide to day trips in Maine!
A Day at the Beach
- It’s just a 9-mile drive from our hotel near Goose Rocks Beach along State Rd 9 E.
- Beach parking permits are available for purchase at the Kennebunkport Police Department, and the Goose Rocks General Store.
- Be respectful to nearby beach house owners by keeping the beach tidy and staying off dune grass.
- Goose Rocks Beach has no lifeguards or beach services.
- Despite its rocky name, the beach is quite soft! It’s named for the off-shore barrier reef, which provides a buffer from large Atlantic waves and can only be spotted at low tide.
One of Kennebunkport's Favorites
With shallows perfect for walking in the water, the low tide and lack of surf make Goose Rocks Beach perfect for families and beachcombers looking for a quiet retreat from crowds in town. Stop to catch a glimpse of a hermit crab in a tidal pool or walk the three miles of the shoreline for a stunning coastal showcase.
The shoreline is dotted with a few seaside restaurants, lobster houses, and ice cream stands for a mid-day snack and a break from the sun. Located amongst classic New England summer homes, Goose Rocks Beach is a beautiful place to take a walk along soft flat sand, no matter the season!
Book your stay at our hotel near Goose Rocks Beach, Maine for a central location in Kennebunkport within a short drive of sublime New England beaches.