Elegant and Relaxed Hotel Near Kennebunkport, Maine
For easy access to Dock Square and local businesses in downtown Kennebunkport, allow our boutique hotel near Kennebunkport, Maine to bridge the divide with our ideal location. Whether you’re visiting on a work trip or for a leisurely weekend escape, relax in our upscale lodgings and spend your days at a variety of Maine beaches.
Kennebunkport offers the charming atmosphere of a small coastal town in Maine, with waterfront dining, quaint shops, and hidden beaches. Why choose to stay close to one location when you can comfortably reside in the center of it all at our pet-friendly hotel near Kennebunkport, complete with a host of itineraries for every interest.
Dock Square: The Heart of Kennebunkport
Consistently ranked as one of the top things to do in Kennebunkport, Dock Square is home to some of the best restaurants, art galleries, boutiques, and specialty shops in Maine. Discover darling boutiques for children and pets, specialty food stores, and art galleries all nestled together in the square!
Indulge in world-class restaurants with flavors you'll remember for a lifetime in our dining guide, which includes fine dining, waterfront eateries, and our personal favorite places for comfort food.
Browse for that special something to commemorate your trip or indulge in an all-out shopping spree. The Port Inn Kennebunk has all the quality amenities and services of high-end resorts in Kennebunkport, without the extravagant prices in town.
The Kennebunkport Coastline
Let the beauty of the coastline take your breath away and the rhythm of the tide sooth your soul. These are our favorite Kennebunkport beaches.
- Ocean Avenue: Bring along your camera on this 8-mile scenic ride along the coastline from Kennebunkport’s Dock Square right into Cape Porpoise.
- Parson’s Way Shore Walk: Take the 4.8 mile roundtrip loop along a paved path beginning and ending at Dock Square. Local points of interest include St. Ann’s Church, Spouting Rock and Blowing Cave, and the summer home of 41st President George H. W. Bush at Walker’s Point.
- Goose Rocks Beach: Set up a chair with a book or walk the shallows of 3 miles of velvet white sand for hidden sand dollars and a gorgeous view of Eastern Rocks & Timber Island.
A Scenic Maine Fishing Village
Experience a new level of serenity and tranquility in the working fishing town of Cape Porpoise, where time slows and only the sound of the surf remains. Enjoy leisurely bike rides and scenic drives for a taste of true Maine life.
- Ocean Avenue: Bring along your camera on this 8-mile ride along the Kennebunk River, which will take you from Kennebunkport’s Dock Square right into Cape Porpoise.
- Goat Island Light: The best harbor view of the iconic 200-year-old lighthouse that Cape Porpoise is known for.
- Cape Porpoise Chowder House is a delightful stop for lunch while taking in views of working fishing boats and Goat Island lighthouse in the distance.
Permits for local Kennebunkport beaches can be purchased at the Kennebunkport Town Hall, Police Station, and Goose Rocks General Store.
The beaches don’t have any lifeguards or washroom facilities, but nearby restaurants such as The Tides Beach Club and The Marine Room at The Colony Hotel are a great place to have lunch.
- Arundel Beach: Also known as Colony Beach, Arundel is a quiet option with places for fishing in the Kennebunk River.
- Goose Rocks Beach: Three miles of soft sand, mellow surf, and great views of Eastern Goose Rocks & Timber Island by Cape Porpoise.
Beach Rules for Dogs
There's a variety of dog-friendly activities in the Kennebunks! Here are a few beach regulations in Kennebunkport:
- Dogs are welcome on the beach before 8 am and after 6 pm from June 15th through Labor Day weekend.
- The remainder of the year, dogs are allowed on the beach at any hour but must be leashed at all times.
- Beach rules are subject to change, so it never hurts to double check before you go!
Let’s make sure you and your dog have a great stay. The Port Inn Kennebunk is a charming place to stay near Kennebunkport, Maine with special amenities just for your dog!
For traditional New England hospitality and a central location, book your stay today at our hotel near Kennebunkport, Maine!