Pet-Friendly Hotel in Kennebunk, Maine
Bring along your dog to our pet-friendly hotel in Kennebunk, Maine to enjoy a vacation with your furry friend by your side! Register your dogs at the front desk when you check in so we can make the necessary arrangements to accommodate you both. Our designated dog-friendly rooms are deep cleaned with Dyson Animal Dog Vacuums to keep our hotel pristine for all guests. The Port Inn Kennebunk’s pet policy includes a nightly fee for dogs in your room.
Your dog’s gift bag includes a Port Inn dog bowl, gourmet biscuits made with local and organic ingredients, and a KenneBark Port brochure to provide you with lots of dog-friendly points of interests! Let’s ensure that you both have an amazing stay at our pet-friendly hotel in Kennebunk, Maine.
- An enormous Kennebunk beach with wide stretches of sand for dogs to run when the tide is out.
- Dogs only allowed before 9 AM and after 5 PM between June 15 - Labor Day.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times or under voice control with leash in hand. Please pick up after your pooches so we don't lose our beach privileges! Bags and waste cans are located at the beach.
Our Favorite Dog Park
Kennebunk Dog Park | approximately 3.5 miles from Dock Square, Kennebunkport
- A completely fenced in and wonderful place for dogs to exercise and socialize, with a separate small dog area for little pups.
- Level landscape with some open, sunny areas and some cool areas shaded by tall pines and a beautiful gazebo.
- Volunteers regularly deliver and spread bark mulch to help keep the wooded areas clean.
- Bring your own waste bags; a waste can is on site.
Things To Do
- Visit the oldest and largest electric railway museum in the world, with a collection of over 250 transit vehicles.
- Dogs are welcome and each year in early June, the Museum holds their annual Dog Day.
- Hydi Drive: Ride in style in a pet-friendly golf cart limo or vintage beach shuttle. | 207-251-6611
The Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge was created to protect important marshes and rivers that migratory birds rely on. The flat path winds past a variety of beautiful views of the ocean, salt flats, and the marshlands.
Take your dog or kids on a walk through woods lush with wildflowers, but be sure to put on insect repellent. Another excellent option is kayaking to see a variety of herons, geese, and crabs! Add this free trail to your list of things to do in Kennebunk when you plan your visit.
Immortalize Your Pet
There are numerous artists in town who will paint a picture of your beloved pet, or take professional photos. Here are some of our favorites:
- Carol Santora, PSA: Medium pencil, soft pastel and acrylic are used to create the perfect memoir of your furry loved one. 1230 S. Waterboro Rd., Lyman
- Chris Becker: Creator or beloved pet photography collection, “Joy Riding - Canine Car Companions”, Chris has shot candid shots of happy dogs for happy owners.
- The Clam Shack: Crispy fried clams, Maine lobster rolls, and picnic tables are offered at this Maine classic. 2 Western Ave, Kennebunk, 207-967-3321
- H.B. Provisions: General store offering grab-and-go sandwiches, salads, and treats. Limited outdoor seating so you can lunch with your pup. They also have ice cream, a favorite canine treat!
Don’t stress about bringing along man’s best friend when you stay at our pet-friendly hotel in Kennebunk, Maine! We’re here to offer the inside scoop on the best things to do with your dog.