Explore the Kennebunks blanketed under quiet snow and bursting with activity! Skate under the stars, join in the fun at winter carnivals, and sled down the hill to find hot chocolate waiting for you.
- Biddeford WinterFest: Enjoy free sledding in City Square, free ice skating tat Westbrook skating rink, dog sledding, ice sculptures, and nightly concerts! WinterFest is held at the beginning of February
- Sledding at “The Globe”: Come out for winter fun and warm drinks! Located at Three River Land Trust at 235 Swetts Bridge Road.
- Soup & Snow Stroll: Snowshoe or walk through the gorgeous winter wonderland, Mousam River Wildlife Sanctuary! Warm drinks, a cup of soup, and a sweet are waiting for you at the Boulangerie afterward. $15 per person and space is limited so call 207-985-8734 to reserve.
- Old Orchard Beach Winter Carnival: A top event with something for every member of the family, join the evening sledding party, morning character breakfast, ice bowling, pony rides, snowman making, marshmallow toasting, and Slippery Slope Pub Crawl! Held at the end of February annually.
- Snow Day at Wells Reserve: Strap on your snowshoes and join the race! This 3-mile snowshoe race includes a 200 M dash for adults and 100 M dash for kids. There’s also snowman building, sledding, bonfires, and more fun to be had at Wells! Snowshoe rentals available.
Things to Do
- Harris Farm: Cross-country skiing every day from 9 AM – dusk. Showshoe and XC ski rentals available, BYO sled.
- Seacoast Adventure: Snow tubing lanes are open Thursday-Sunday. Enjoy lunch, dinner, or drinks at Deck House Tavern.
- Waterhouse Center Ice Skating: Open November through March. 8 AM – 9 PM Thursdays, 7 AM – 9 PM all other days. Warm drinks, a cup of soup, and a sweet to follow at the Boulangerie.
- The Rink and The Hill at Thompson’s Point: Elevate your day of ice skating and snow tubing with an adjacent warm-up room, heated lounge, and on-site food and alcohol vendors. Visit their website for themed nights and special events.
- Theatre at Portland Stage Company: The largest non-profit theater in Maine with a variety of programming.
- Maine Red Claws Basketball Games: Professional NBA Development League team affiliated with the Boston Celtics.